Ever felt the fear? I know I have. Sometimes I feel like it’s a relative I know well. Although this video is intended to advertise, John Assaraf always inspires with his insight, encouragement and knowledge. John’s 5 tips for overcoming the fear zone:
- Become aware of the fear.
- Take responsibility for the negative thoughts.
- Re-frame your experience; understand that your brain is feeling overwhelmed and trying to return to something familiar. Take it one step at a time, one moment at a time, one day at a time.
- Ride the emotional wave, but don’t buy into it.
- Retrain your brain to push yourself through the fear.
“The only way to get rid of the fear of doing something is to go out … and do it.” –Susan J. Jeffers